Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Advertisement

Govt expects all beneficiaries above 18 years to be vaccinated against Covid-19 by December 2021 | Latest News India

The Union authorities on Friday knowledgeable Parliament that there was no mounted timeline at current for the completion of the Covid-19 vaccination drive due to the “dynamic and evolving” nature of the illness. However, the federal government additionally mentioned it’s anticipated that all beneficiaries in India above 18 years of age will be vaccinated against the illness by December 2021.

Advertisement




“The COVID-19 vaccination is an ongoing and dynamic process, which is being guided by National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID- 19 (NEGVAC) on the basis of concurrent scientific evidence. In view of the dynamic and evolving nature of COVID-19 pandemic, no fixed timeline at present can be indicated for the completion of vaccination drive, however, it is expected that all beneficiaries aged 18 years and above will be vaccinated by December 2021,” Union well being minister (*18*) Mandaviya mentioned in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.

Also learn | Govt’s expert group in talks with Pfizer for their vaccine, says Union health minister

Advertisement




Mandaviya additional mentioned that as per the most recent tips for vaccination, all residents above 18 years of age are entitled to free vaccination at all authorities centres. He mentioned this in reply to a query about whether or not the federal government has determined to administer the Covid-19 vaccine to the whole inhabitants freed from price on a precedence foundation.

The revised tips for the implementation of the nationwide Covid vaccination programme got here into impact on June 21 in India. Following this, the federal government of India procured 75% of the doses produced within the nation by the vaccine makers, whereas the remaining 25% was allowed to be supplied immediately to direct hospitals.

States and Union territories are allotted vaccine doses primarily based on their goal inhabitants, consumption sample and vaccine wastage, the minister additional mentioned. He additionally mentioned that 34.83 crore doses of the vaccine have been given freed from price by the centre to the states.

When requested if states had saved up the tempo of vaccination and about vaccine wastage, the minister mentioned that between May 1 and July 13 this 12 months, 249,000 doses of the vaccine have been wasted.

Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -